THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA
The Papua New Guinea High Commission in Malaysia
Welcome to the Official Website of Papua New Guinea (PNG) High Commission, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Official Website aims to provide a wide range of information on Papua New Guinea and its relations with Malaysia, Kingdom of Thailand, Cambodia, and Lao People’s Democratic Republic on investment, trade, information and communication technology, technical assistance and cooperation, culture and tourism. The website also provides information on the services offered by the High Commission to Papua New Guinea and Malaysia citizens, including links to useful sites on Papua New Guinea Government Departments, statutory institutions, and private sector.
We trust you will find our website useful and visit it regularly as it is regularly updated.
"Veali Vagi, PNG High Commissioner to Malaysia"
The High Commission chancery in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia represents the interest of PNG Government in Malaysia and other countries, (Thailand, Cambodia and Lao PDR) as well as with relevant international and regional organizations. It performs the core functions of the following:
- Liaise with the Governments of Malaysia and other countries of concurrent accreditation on issues of bilateral interest such as development assistance, trade and investment;
- Coordinate and facilitate negotiation of agreements between the Malaysia and PNG Governments
- Provide information and advice to the PNG Government on political, social and economic developments and trends in Malaysia relevant to PNG's interests
- Exchange views and information with the Malaysia Government and others on regional or global issues of mutual interest.
- Provide consular support services to PNG citizens visiting or resident in Malaysia as well as Thailand, Cambodia and Lao PDR
- Provide visa services and travel advice to Malaysia citizens planning to visit PNG or other non-PNG citizens visiting PNG from Malaysia as well as from Thailand, Cambodia and Lao PDR
- Promotion of awareness within the Malaysian community of PNG culture and society
- Promotion of tourism promotion and development between PNG and Malaysia and other countries.
High Commission Team
The staffs of the High Commission work closely with Malaysian Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, State Governments, private sector and community organisations and as well as with various agencies of the PNG Government in Port Moresby. The High Commission Team seeks to promote greater mutual understanding between Malaysia and PNG covering and facilitating the range of bilateral links and co-operation for cooperation between the two countries.
- His Excellency, Mr Veali Vagi, High Commissioner
- Mr Stanley Mays Arua, Second Secretary
- Mrs Habsah Hashim, Personal Assistant to High Commissioner
- Ms Hanizah Omar, Administrative Officer
- Ms Lisa Kanan, Assistant Visa Officer
- Ms Bearon Vidya Benjaman, Receptionist cum Secretary
- Mr Krishnan G.K. Swamy Mohan, Chauffer